Monday 26 August 2013

Review: Nuxe Rêve de Miel

There are many rave reviews out there in the beauty world on the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm.  According to the Nuxe website, one is sold every 28 seconds!  My weakness is lip products so when I was in France, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this luxurious lip balm. 

The Nuxe Rêve de Miel lipbalm claims to soothe and repair dry or chapped lips, even in the harshest climates.  It contains honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence.  Before I get into the product itself, let's talk about the packaging.  I find the glass jar that it comes in is rather excessive- it's heavy and large, so it's not the most convenient lip balm to carry around in your purse.  That said, the glass jar does make the cost ($19) a little easier to swallow.



The product itself is very thick and not easily spreadable.  Especially in colder climates, it might be difficult to apply since it only spreads easily once it warms up on your lips.  Once applied, the lip balm is transparent and matte.  This would be good as a lipstick base and for guys who are trying to avoid that shiny look.  It smells of honey as you apply it, but the scent fades quickly, within 10 minutes of application. 

The lip balm definitely does what it claims to do- soothe, protect and moisturize.  After a few hours however, I find that I have some white residue on the edges of my lips from the product.  I'm not quite sure why this happens but it seems like a byproduct of something in the lip balm that gets left over as it dries on the lips.  This would be the only down side to this product but it does stop me from applying it during the day since I don't want flaky lips when I'm out and about.  I like to apply this product at night just before bed.  Even then, I find that I don't reach for it too often because the moisture is almost too much.  I wake up with lips that feel like there is product on them.  Some people might like the feeling of waking up with lip balm still on, but I like my lips just to feel natural and the product absorbed.  

Overall, this lip balm would not be my top choice, especially for the price.  However, if your addiction is lip products (like it is mine), I say try it at least once.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment