Monday 24 March 2014

Review & Swatches: Clinique Cheek Pop Blush Pops

When the Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes came out I was instantly in love with the pretty flower design and the clear minimalist packaging.  I bought two of the four colours- #04 Berry Pop and #03 Plum Pop.




After reading many rave reviews, I decided to give them a try and I have not used any other blush since I bought them two weeks ago.  These blushes are great if you want barely there colour but can be built up to a bright 'pop' of colour. The blushes themselves are highly pigmented and the powder pressed tightly, so when you swirl your brush over them, you don't get a lot of loose powder residue everywhere.  When applied to the skin, it leaves a pretty sheen that looks almost like a cream blush and does not look powdery at all.


I first went into Sephora to buy Berry Pop, which is a bright pink that has reddish undertones.  With a light hand, Berry Pop is the perfect natural flush for my medium beige skin (Mac NC20).  This colour would also work well with darker skin tones as it can be quite bright.  
04 Berry Pop 

I went back again to buy Plum Pop, which is more of a cooler toned baby pink.  This is a great colour for spring- feminine and girly.  Even though Plum Pop is more cool toned compared to my natural blush tone, it immediately brightens my skin.  Plum Pop is not as bright as Berry Pop so it does take a bit more layering to build it up to the same intensity as Berry Pop.


03 Plum Pop
Depending on my mood and makeup look, I choose one over the other but they are both getting equal use these days.  Another plus is they are quite compact and easy to travel with.  Here is a look at the two colours side by side in natural sunlight:
Berry Pop (Left) and Plum Pop (Right)
I am considering trying Ginger Pop next, a coral pink.  Overall, I am very impressed by these blushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment