Thursday 2 July 2015

4 Summer Sweat & Water Proof Makeup Essentials

Over the years I've discovered some amazing products that have passed the sweat and beach test. My skin is combination, leaning more oily, so I have always been on the lookout for products that have good staying power.  Here are my four essentials when it comes to keeping my makeup from melting in the summer heat whether I'm beachside or just running errands on a hot day.


  • Shiseido UV Protective Liquid Foundation SPF 42, Water Resistant (80 Minutes): This foundation not only lasts and offers medium to full coverage but it feels light on the skin.  The texture right out of the bottle is very liquid so you have to work fast before it sets.  I like to use my fingers instead of the sponge that comes with it, but if you prefer, you can also dampen the sponge and dab on the product to get a more translucent look.
  • Makeup Forever Aqua Cream, Waterproof Cream Colors are waterproof and do not budge until you take it off at the end of the day.  My favourite all over lid colour is #16 Pink Beige which brightens up the eyes and is a great base for powder eyeshadows.  The shade #6 Fresh Pink, is meant to be a cheek and lip colour.  I like to use it for my cheeks and gives my face a natural glow that is perfect for the beach.  Although its great for the cheeks, I would not recommend it for the lips as I find it quite drying.  A great drugstore option are the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Eyeshadows, which are almost just as long lasting.  The shade #25 Bad to the Bronze is popular because it's fantastic to wear alone as or a eyeshadow base.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Primer should be a no-brainer when it comes to making your eye makeup last.  Having tried many a primer, I still go back to the original Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I just find it works the best for my oily lids and guarantees my shadows stay smudge proof all day long.
Do you have any favourite summer sweat / water proof makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment