Wednesday 1 July 2015

Summer Makeup Essentials- Freshen Up Your Look in 4 Easy Steps!

For those of you who wear the same makeup 10 months of the year like I do, summer is a great time to freshen up your look for some fun in the sun.  It goes without saying SPF is super important all year long but even more so in the summer. Be sure to wear a long lasting sunscreen everywhere your skin is exposed to the sun. Besides amping up your SPF, choose one or all four things below to update your look for summer!


  • Wear a bright lipstick. Lipstick is a fun and easy way to change your look in an instant. Opt for a brighter shade that is not your typical go to colour for an instant summer transformation. I often choose a lipstick colour and work the rest of my makeup around it. My favourites this year are Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids in Wild Rose (#875), Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon (#063) and even though this is not a lipstick, the classic NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm. 

  • Wear bronzer. A little bronzer goes along way to giving your skin that sun kissed look. I normally do not wear bronzer so wearing it gives me a fresh look without trying too hard.  My favourite is the super affordable NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in the shade "Sunny".

  • Try a peach or coral blush. Give those rosy tones a rest and opt for a more peachy tone to complement that bronzer. This gives you a more beachy look and depending on the shade can look more natural.  My go to shade is Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful.
  • Choose warm toned eyeshadow. Go for gold and bronze hues when you want to look more summery.  My favourite is to wear Urban Decay's eyeshadow in "FreeLove", a peachy pink with gold shimmer all over the lid and use warm browns in the crease and outer v to add dimension.

  • Wear lighter eyeliner or skip it altogether. If you are an eyeliner junkie this maybe a hard one.  However just try this once and you might live the results. Instead of black liner go for a brown if you're conservative or if you're more daring a navy blue. I have dark brown eyes and Revlon's ColorStay Eyeliner in Navy lightens my eyes and gives it a subtle, yet fresh look. If you are willing, skip the liner and instead amp up the lashes for a more natural look for those summer outdoor activities. I find skipping liner makes me look so much more youthful and fresh!

What are your summer makeup essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment