Wednesday 26 March 2014

Compare: Bioderma Crealine H2O vs. Live Clean Makeup Removing Wipes

I use makeup removing wipes every night to remove the majority of my makeup before using a cleanser for a thorough clean.  Whilst in France, I bought the Bioderma Crealine H2O wipes after hearing all the great reviews of the Bioderma Crealine micellular water.  Since coming back to Canada, I have found a better alternative: the Live Clean Refreshing Wipes…





Both the Bioderma and Live Clean wipes claim to be for good for sensitive skin / hypoallergenic.  After using the Bioderma wipes, my face feels tight and requires cleansing and moisturization immediately afterwards.  The Live Clean wipes on the other hand, don't leave my skin feeling tight whatsoever.  I think that the Bioderma with it's higher synthetic chemical content cleanses with fewer swipes, but not by much (I don't wear mascara on a daily basis anyway).  According to the packaging, Live Clean wipes is composed of 98% plant based ingredients and does not contain SLS, sulphates, parabens or phthalates.  The Bioderma contains parabens- butylparabens and methylparabens, both of which I'm not eager to put on my face.  


Not only do I feel great using the Live Clean wipes, I feel like the natural, certified organic ingredients (Lavender, Cucumber, Chamomile, Milk Thistle, Mallow, Aloe and Buckthorn) and the Vitamin C add to my skin's overall condition and texture.  The Bioderma wipes are simply a means to remove makeup with no added ingredients to soothe or improve the skin.  If that wasn't enough to win me over, there are 30 wipes compared to the 25 in the Bioderma and is almost half the price.  Admittedly, the Bioderma wipes are slightly larger, but I find the Live Clean wipes are just the perfect size for me.  

Live Clean is a Canadian eco-friendly that strives to use only renewable resources.  I have been loving a few of their other products which I'll save for another post.  For now, I highly recommend the Live Clean wipes if you're looking for new wipes to try!  

Have you tried the Live Clean wipes?  What other Live Clean products do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment